Problem Fitted sheets do not stay put So I have a high mattress 17 inches+ with the foam pad 19″ . I tryed the fitted sheet stay put things but they don’t stay. You know that deep pocketed fitted sheets cost a fortune and we seem to go through fitted sheets quickly. I make sure my fitted sheets stay in place on my high bed. I try jersey fitted sheets which have more give then woven sheets. This diy fix for fitted sheets would work on woven sheets as well. I sew elastic to the corners to keep they sheets in place.. here is how to do it.
What you need Fix your Fitted Sheets:
- 1- fitted sheet
- 1 1/2 to 2 yards of 3/4 to 1″ elastic (if you can find prepackaged or buy it buy the yard
- Cut the elastic in 12″ -14″ pieces
- At each corner of the fitted sheet where there is the seam sew the elastic across .
- Be sure to go backwards and forward many times one stitch will not hold over time and might rip your fitted sheet I do a zig zag pattern so as spread the force over about and inch area- to reduce the stain on the fitted sheet.
- Attach one side then the other repeat till all 4 corners of the fitted sheet have elastic.
- Put the fitted sheet on bed and make the elastic go under the corner.
- Now your fitted sheets will stay put even on a high mattress.
Have a good nights sleep