Monster Trucks, yea I saw them.. Advance Auto Part Monster Jam. Here are my 10 tips of how to make a monster truck show event more fun and what to expect. I have to say it was a 1st. My husband went as a child from time to time. Me never been and now I can check it off my list. My friend Hillary at My Scraps was doing a giveaway her winner could not go, so she was nice enough to share the Monster Jam Tickets with my family.
My son was a little hesitant about the Monster Jam, because of the noise so we got ear protect for both the kids (the head phone kind that covers entire ear). It was loud. We saw Monster Jams at the “Link” Lincoln finical center where the NFL Eagles play football. So to was open top stadium I could understand that a closed dome would be deafening. The Monster trucks are loud, to put it mildly.
So we found our seats. they we great 1st row 2nd tier at the 50yard line. There was also no one behind us so we could stand up (handicapped seats were on a platform behind is- over our heads) The kids stood and cheered for the quad racing teams and different monster trucks. The truck hold a race to see who gets around the track the fasted that is the 1st half of the show, the mixing in team quad races with some good old city against city competition. (NYC vs Philly). The the big show is the free style.. which seemed to be lets see how hard we can push there large trucks just to watch them fall apart of crash. The crowd loves it. I was in awe how high the trucks fly in the air and the hang time on these trucks I was able to get 3-5 pictures taken from the time they attempt the jump to when the land. I was in awe.
Many of the trucks did back flips here is the World Famous Grave Digger doing a back flip. He landed on is side on the second flip.
10 Tips for Monster Truck Shows :
- Ear protection for the kids and yourself
- camera with telephoto lens
- Unopened water drinks bring a lot of water it is hot in the stands (security will not let you carry them in if opened)
- arrive early and do attend the pit party if you can – you can see the trucks up close
- it is a long day for the kids 5 hours in seats.
- Snacks (fruit snacks , little thing kids tend to eat alot, and save the money on the $14 cotton candy)
- Poster board signs of favorite trucks, if in the lower tiers the driver might choose them for a special gift
- Do let you kids look on line at the trucks prior them having knowledge makes them more excited and enjoy the races
- Tail Gating is acceptable and done.. so make a day of it.
They have another Advanced Auto Parts Monster Jam event this up coming weekend June 16, 2012 at The Meadowland (East Rutherford NJ)
What truck do you like the best?