Camping is a great thing to do with your kids. Camping is a great thing to do with kids for many reason. A family bonding, allowing your kids to have freedom, Change of scene. Why would you want to take you family camping?
11 Reasons to Take your Family Camping
- Independence if you live in area where you usually don’t let your kids go camp grounds are a great place to let them explore. Kids usually love it- they get some freedom- we usually low the kids to ride there bikes, explore on there own.
- fresh air
- Socialization- when my kids are camping they make a new best friend every weekend
- Great time to go away with friends
- Inexpensive fun
- New experiences
- Rules- kid learn that they have to respect boundaries if they want freedom
- Bike riding without fear
- Little kids actually do understand what is hot and will stay away from fire-Trust me
- Dirty- you kids will get dirty and it is fun.
- Memories will last a lifetime, they will ask to come again and will cry when you leave. = Signs of a great time
Our family has been camping since my daughter 18 months. No, I am not talking the real roughing it camping= more a modified glamping. Because lets be honest I am not one for sleeping on the ground. We do have a Pop Up camper which is a pop tent with beds, sink, hard top and AC. Did I mention I use a feather bed on my mattress.
How can you get started ? So about 5 years ago I started to take other families that never thought of camping as a way to get away. Times have changed in the camping scene. There are campgrounds that offer so much more then the tent and state parks.
- Many campgrounds now offer options for those without a tent or camper. like a rustic or full cabin. Think of renting a room in the woods so you get the out door experience with the comforts of home.
- Rustic cabins- usually have electric ,Ac, small fridge, tables beds, some have TV’s- usually all in one room- no bathroom you have to walk to the main bathrooms. (ask is you have to bring bedding)
- Deluxe cabins usually have everything at home Ac, TV, Kitchen stocked with cooking pans, tools, Bathroom, separate bed room. (ask is you have to bring bedding)
- Rent an RV
- Also many campgrounds offer other activities besides just a hay ride. Many have become a full resort offering, small water parks, mini golf, go carts, dj on some nights, archery, and permanent bounce houses.
Top Picks for Great Camp Grounds East Coast
- Yogi Bears JellyStone Camp Grounds- This is a chain nation wide but our favorite Yogi Bear Quarryville Pa- near Lancaster a great place. Our family has been there 5 times this last trip with 15 other families all staying in cabins- Quarryville has a water park and tons of things to do.
- KOA Campgrounds-nation wide chain
- Frontier Town Located off 3 miles from Ocean City Maryland and 7 miles from the Wild Horses of Assateague Island. they also have a western show Not to mention you can crab off the Dock. 1 mile from outlets for shopping- check out the Frontier Town Specials
- Otter Lake- this was a favorite of my family growing up and now is a full resort with an indoor pool so great for fall camping
Please follow all week as we will give you help full tip and ideas for camping with your family. Superexhausted week of camping.
Tues: Creative Camping Cooking
Wed: Wordless Wednesday What to pack for 1st time campers
Thursday: Great items and Toys for camper
Friday: Ideas of camping in large groups and fitness