Recently I was sent to review a Girl Teddy Bear from Zylie the Bear. Zylie the bear is a styles 18″ bear which is a great gift for all those Teddy Girls (teddy bear Boys) in your life that are not into doll but love stuffed animals. Zylie the Bear is a high quality dress up bear reviling that of a top stuff animals made in Europe. Zylie the bear is a amazing. She comes full dressed in high quality clothes. She is complete with her own story book and accessories.
Once my daughter opened the box I knew we found a jem in Zylie the bear. My daughter is not a doll girl she always wants stuffed animals so the Zylie the Bear is ultimate stuffed Teddy Bear Doll companion for her.
Zylie the Bear’s story is about her adventures all over the world. She is a metropolitan bear, living in New York City with her aunt. The creators of Zylie were sure to make a real story behind the bear. So your child can relate and base there play with a starting story then your child can add to the adventure with Zylie. Zyile also had a friend Shen a Panda bear she meets on her travels to china. Both bears come with there own chapter book.
The books are great they help to open your child’s mind to enjoy the hours of fun imaginative play that Zylie and Shen with explore with your child. There are many tea parties occurring in our house since Zylie adventure has led her to our home. The Zylie bear web site offers color pages and many other activities, be sure to check it out.
My daughter Video review of Zylie and Shen:
The bears features are lovely, the quality is that of a Steif mixed American girl. Here are some of the features:
- Legs jointed parts as high quality tufted fur
- Their own Story Book (2 different book one for each teddy)
- Pas port
- Packaged in there own keepsake box so the bear can be store properly- overtime these teddys are a heirloom teddy
- Zylie’s jacket is lined with a lovely satin
- Jacket us a love wool fabric, that the collar has an underlining of a cotton for a truly finished quality
- The printed pattern of Zylie’s shirt was great modern feel.
- Zylie’s skinny jeans are made beautifully with button details at the bottom
- Her purse was made of 2 different fabrics
- Her notebook/diary was actually stitch together
- She also has a passport and map- which my daughter loved she kept open and closing it use them as props in her play.
- Leather like jacket so well made with the closure details
- Shen’s shirt is modern touching on the current color-blocked trend complete with buttons
- His khaki were right off the runway
- I was most impressed with the detail on Shen’s backpack – complete with zipper, 2 different fabric and bungee cord.
- Shen Drum sticks were perfectly to scale and feel of real drum sticks
Details, Details, Details of the Zylie and Shen are amazing. I spent 20 years in high quality apparel design and manufacturing in my former life, so I understand making garments. I was very excited to see the quality of these Teddy Bears. No detail was left off by designer Katie Fong in either Shens or Zylies outfit. You can also add to these your Girl Bears (or boy) for both Zylie and Shen additional other outfits to have a more complete wardrobe. Like Zylie has a My Fair Linen outfit that I can’t wait to get my daughter. It will be fun to build her collection for birthdays and holidays.
Tip: Also because Zylie and Shen are 18″ teddy dolls they fit in to all your American Girl and other 18″ doll clothes so they are interchangeable if you already have a collection of of American Girl, the clothes will get additional use.
Age: The company recommends 3+ I think that 6 and up is appropriate because of the changing of the clothes, to help promote independent play.
Zylie is $50 for the start kit it also is currently on sale on Amazon for under $35.69 Zylie the bear.
Zylie’s clothes run about $20 outfit.
Shen the bear is $50 currently on amazon.
I would high recommend Zylie the Bear and Shen as the a great holiday birthday gift, I would buy early to make sure you dont miss out on this amazing friend for your child.
Search amazon now for the Adventures of Zylie the bear
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that help to support the cost associated with the publishing of this blog. I was given these bears, the opinion in this post are all my own.