Consignment sales they are a great way to find wonderful gently used and new items for your family. Consignment sale are bargain shopping on a grand scale. Here are my top 10 tips for making your shopping more sucessful.
- Go with a plan look to see what you need for the kids.. take an inventory
- Shop with knowing your kids sizes, take measurements before you go, or take kids with you if allowed (but beware you will buy more toys if you take the kids)
- Know your brands, I shop high end when ever I buy 2nd hand the reason Quality. My favorite brands: Gap, Gymboree, Hanna Anderson, Landsend, Columbia, American Girl Boutique Brands: Hannah Banana, Deux par Deux, Lemon loves Lime, Queen Circus, Tea, Catimini, 3Pommes, Biscotti, Jean Bourget
- Great Place to buy the dresses and clothes that don’t get alot of use- like holidays, church clothes and special occasion so look at your calendar and see what is on the schedule. Tip buy Jackets for dress up clothes like brand: Rothschild one of the best wool children’s coats out there.
- To get some of the best picks of the sale volunteer your time at the sale- sale organized gives volunteers 1st pick.
- Go the last day of the sale many items are discounted significantly some are 50% off
- Consignments sales have a large amount of unopened toys.. so they can help you save on Santa gifts.
- Think about bring something to carry your purchases while shopping- some people bring in kids wagons, beach wheeled carts. Check with your consignments sale organizers to see what they will accept as a carry item.
- Review the website of the sale to make sure understand restrictions- such as you are not allow to shop with strollers. Also discounts might be given on website.
- If you see something Do not put it down! Unless you are sure you don’t want it because someone might pick it up, there is only one of that item.
This weekend is the JustBetweenFriends Consignments sale in Oaks Pa.
This weekend Sales Event: September 13th – 15th
Greater Philadelphia Expo Center – HALL C – 100 Station Ave., Oaks
Thursday, September 13th ~ OPENING DAY!
9am-7pm: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC – $3 Admission Fee Charged Today Only; Children and Strollers Welcomed.
Friday, September 14th ~ OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
10am-7pm: No admission; children and strollers welcomed!
Saturday, September 15th – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
8am -6pm: HALF PRICE SALE ALL DAY!! Many items will be an additional 50% off all day; children and strollers welcomed!
Disclosure: I did receive gift from JBF in exchange for this post. These tips are my tips I use when shopping.