How to get your husband to make dinner with Hillshire Farms Sausage
I ask my husband to make dinner, because I was going out to my Moms group. Now my husband grew up in a casserole family, which is means when he does cook most of his meals are made in one pot / dish. He was making dinner for himself and 2 kids.
So he looks in the freezer and finds the 2 packages Hillshire Farms Sausages. Note: I am suppose to create a recipe with them, write a blog post and then do a giveaway. At the time I was still working on the post in my head.
Well he was so helpful, he took the Hillshire farms and made dinner.. (there goes my blog post..) When I called to check he said he was using both packages..
I said “honey.. there for a tasty tues blog post”..
He said “Too late.. they are defrosted and I am using them”
He said “I will take pictures for your post”…(he is not me with a camera.. But I love him because he tried.. he could have cleaned of the stove before the pictures)
Husbands Cheese Rice and Sausage Dinner
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can of cheese soup
- 1 cup of milk
- 1-2 packages of Hill shire farm Gourmet Creations Beef and Bacon
- shredded cheese
Serves 8 people : He was making dinner for himself and 2 kids.
He wanted to add a can of tomatoes but worried the kids would not eaten it. (My advice ADD the Tomatoes or serve with a tomatoes) or add any vegetable broccoli would have been yummy.. What is it with men and veggies or lack their of?
I say to myself ” Just be happy he is cooking, and don’t criticize”
- Make rice as directed- 2 cups of rice with 4 cups of water- cook thoroughly
- Mix rice, (veggies if you choose) and soup in large glass pan
- cook 15 minutes
- Lay Hillshire Farm Sausage on top
- cook 10 minutes sprinkle with cheese
I was very yummy! I has some when I returned home and we had left overs for the next few days. The sausage was amazing, I would love to use it in a Potato and Sausage soup.. (now I think of a recipe- me slapping head)
The Hillshire Farm sausage has No artificial Color, Flavor or by products.
Hillshire Farm Giveaway
So want your man to cook? Have some Hillshire Farm on hand so your hubby can make dinner. Here is your chance to win 3 coupons for package of Hillshire farm Gourmet sausage. (that is 3 meats or 1 1/2 depending who is cooking. (est. value $18 ) Giveaway ends : Oct 9th Midnight est.
- Simple entry: Leave a comment below telling me What you want to be doing so your husband can cook dinner?
- Tweet if you want let me know below: How to get your husband to cook and win @HillshireFarms sausage form @Babypop http://www.superexhausted.com/?p=3345
- Like My FB Page Superexhausted- let me know below you did.
Disclosure: I did receive coupons for this blog post 2 to keep and 3 to giveaway.