Wooden Trunk covered using scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. This idea was given to me by AC Moore. The asked me to make a wooden trunk using the directions AC Moore provided. It has been years since I worked with Mod Podge and AC Moore had everything I need to make the task fun. I loved the idea of the trunk and the more I read the instructions I could not wait to try it. The inside had little cards decoupage inside.
The idea of this craft was from AC Moores designer Robin Beam.. Click here for Robins instructions Valentines Keepsake Trunk. Note: (the trunk size listed is a M the patterns and sku is for a small trunk) . I made the medium size which was larger so I adjust the templates. Robins Templates where for the small trunk.
Robin @ AC Moore did her trunk with different paper than I did. I choose 7 sheets of 12×12 scrapbooking paper open stock. (The apparel designers in me loved all the prints). But the instructions are the same.
- Remove hardwear, I painted the inside and outside corners/edges.
- I cut the templates, cut the scrapbook paper to size
- Follow instructions added the mod podge, place paper, and smoothed out all the bubbles.
- The tip Robin said about sanding the edges, the excess paper will just sand away.. seriously really rocks takes the trunk from a simple project to a quality piece. Make sure to remove all the dust from sanding, before applying next coat…..
- Be sure to read AC Moores full instructions.. Valentines Keepsake Trunk
By the time I finished I coated the Trunk with 5 different coats of Mod Podge .. I really love doing this project. I loke the medium size box it allows me to put a full 8 1/2″ X 11 Paper in it flat. My daughter keeps eyeing the box up.
Ac Moore want you to create so they are providing a 50% coupon for this week to all my readers. AC Moore Coupon 2/10-2/16
Also Ac Moore wants one of my readers to create something so they are Giving away $20 gift certificate to one of my readers. Ends 2/24. US residents Only Please use the rafflecopter form.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Ac Moore provided a Gift Certificate for me to purchase the supplies. The opinions in this post are all mine own.