Brendas Chocolate Caramel Pie

by superexhausted on March 14, 2013

chocolate Pie Easy Chocolate Caramel Pie: Today is Pi day.. ok not for the food but for 3.14 Pi.    In honor of Pi day My son had to bring a pie to math class. So I asked my aunt for advice since my husbands family women are the “Queens” of all things sweet.   She provided me with her cousins Caramel-Chocolate Pie.  It  super easy to make and no baking need.  My kids helped make it the hardest thing was them not eating the caramels.  I have to say it is like eating a Carmello, or Rollo in Pie form.  A layer of fudge with caramel, how could that ever be bad.  You can top with nuts but we have a nut allergy Sea salt would also be a great contrast.

Brenda’s Chocolate Caramel Pie

Ingredients:

• 28 caramels (un  wrapped)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • Gram cracker Pie crust
  • Sea  salt (optional topping)
  • Nuts (Optional topping)
  1. Melt caramels, 2 tbls spoons of butter and ¼ cup of the heavy cream in pan caramels, cream,butter
  2. Pour caramel  into pie crust, sprinkle a few of the chocolate chips on  caramel caramel
  3. Melt chocolate, 6 tablespoons of butter, ¾ of heavy cream in pan,  on low heat stiring slowly,  do not boil,  the chocolate and cream will separate.. slow  and stir the entire time chocolate and cream
  4. Pour chocolate on caramel pouring chocolate
  5. Refrigerate for several hours
  6. Top with toasted  nuts, or sprinkle some sea salt.. or just eat chocolate caramel pie

Sorry for the picture I want to make sure you were drooling.

For an easy print  version Brenda’s Brenda Chocolate Caramel Pie

Are you making a Pi for Pie day?  Happy Pi Day!

Here are some other other post you should check out:

Need a salad in Minutes Try Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Dressing

Mix Berry Spring Rolls Easy and Impressive

The way to your lovers heart easy BBQ Ribs

Sparkle every day ! Learn How to apply Glitter Tattoos

Tired of sheets that fall off your bed at Night?  My Quick Fix for Fitted Sheets

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

Nicole March 14, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Uhm, yum? Haha. You can never go wrong when chocolate AND heavy cream are involved. I pinned this and am going to try it next week. Thanks! :)

superexhausted March 16, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Nicole let me know how it works out.

Lauryn March 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm

This looks ah-mazing! I can’t wait to give it a try. Two of my favorite things are chocolate and caramel!

superexhausted March 16, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I seriously wanted to call it the girls BFF Pie. Enjoy Lauryn

Kelly Moran March 14, 2013 at 10:04 pm

OMG I am literally drooling just looking at your pictures. I absolutely must make this Pie :) Thanks for sharing!

superexhausted March 16, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Kelly your kids will so love help making it then eating all of it. thanks for stopping by.

Melissa Chapman March 16, 2013 at 8:23 am

This is mouthwateringly DELISh- and your visuals make me want to whip it up even more…

superexhausted March 16, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Thanks for stopping by Melissa, this is so sweet and sinful you will love it. I am glad you like the photos.

Kerry March 16, 2013 at 8:14 pm

OMG! This looks so good. Thanks for sharing. This is getting added to the “must make” recipe pile.

superexhausted March 16, 2013 at 10:35 pm

It is a must make and take to someone else home or it will call to you in the middle of the night. Enjoy and thanks for commenting

Catherine March 16, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I didn’t make pie for pi day. I wanted to but didn’t have time. I’m currently in the middble of a big salted caramel and chocolate kick.

superexhausted March 16, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Catherine, I have been on the same kick. Who every thought of putting caramel,chocolate and salt together was a Genius. Enjoy making your daughter will love unwrapping the caramels.

Jessica @FoundtheMarbles March 17, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Oh my…

Angela Lemmons September 23, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I am making this pie RIGHT THIS MINUTE and my chocolate/cream/butter mixture is very liquid and I’m afraid to pour it over the caramel. Do I need to cook the chocolate mixture for a bit? I melted the chocolate by pouring the hot cream/butter mixture over a bowl of chocolate chips. The chips are completely melted, but very runny. Thanks!!

superexhausted September 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I am sorry I did not see your post till… 2 hours later How did you make out. Yes for the me the chocolate was easy to pour.. Like a thicker chocolate syrup. Since the caramel was thick they did not blend together.

Angela Lemmons September 23, 2013 at 5:52 pm

It’s in the fridge right now! I’m trying to wait as long as possible to check on it. Even if it doesn’t firm up, I have plenty of big spoons with which to devour it!!! Thanks!!

Naomie November 27, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I just made this, and it looks delicious! The caramel and chocolate definitely blended a little, so hopefully it will still taste good.

sherry November 30, 2013 at 12:05 am

Naomie, I hope you enjoyed the pie.. let me know how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by.