I was asked by McCormick to create a recipe with 5 ingredients for Taco night. I was compensated to create this recipe, the spices we provided by McCormicks, and the opinions in this post are all mine. So it was a challenge to reinvent what Taco night and to make it with limited ingredients was even harder. I wanted to make an easy recipe that could be prepped ahead, quickly assembled, and heated up on taco night.
I love taco night but sometimes the prep is a ton of work. What I like to do is make dbl batches of Taco meat then freeze 1/2 for later use. Long as you freeze the meat once it is cool, in freeze bag, flat on a tray, and make sure it is loose(crumbly) then it is easy to reheat. So avoid the solid block of meat when freeze cooked taco meat. The McCormick taco season freeze great when make larger batches of meat be sure to use more then one package of McCormick seasoning.
- 5 Soft Flour Large Tortillas (to fit your saute pan so 10″)
- 4 cups of cheddar cheese
- McCormick Taco Beef : made with 1 lb of beef and McCormick Taco Season Packet
- (1lb of beef if you missed it above–ok so I had 6 ingredients)
- 1- 14 oz can of black beans
- 1- 16oz jar Salsa (you can also make your own)
- Brown your meat and Drain grease (place a colander in a large bowl and pour meat in to drain grease completely- I place a paper towel under it)
- Add taco mix and 3/4 water to make Taco Mix
- Open can the of black beans drain off liquid
- In a blender or small food processor put beans, 2 tbl of salsa, and 2-3 tbl spoons of McCormicks season taco meat broth(yep right from the pan
- Blend to a smooth paste (add McCormick Sicilian Sea Salt and McCormicks Anco Chilli Powered for more of a kick)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Once meat is thicken up slightly remove from heat.
Taco Lasagna Assembly:
- Use clean large saute pan (oven ready) spray with non stick spay
- Lay 1st in saute pan Tortilla Cover with McCormick meat and cheese
- Next tortilla , cover with salsa and cheese
- Next tortilla cover with black beans paste and cheese
- Next tortilla cover more McCormick meat and cheese
- Next tortilla cover with salsa and cheese
- Place in oven for 20-30 min, till top is golden and bubbly
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting
McCormick Pin Giveaway Contest:
Now here is the fun:
Want to win one of 30 McCormick Spice sets? Like the one I got, Here is how
- Pin any taco recipe with the hashtag #McCormicksTacoNight and me @babypop, you just have to pin once to win:
- Check out the McCormicks Taco Night Pinterest Board for Inspiration
Also check out McCormicks Pintrest Page for more great Recipe Ideas
Please note Superexhausted/babypop do not pick the winners of the contest, The Contest ends May 31, 2013. Prizes will be sent direct from McCormick. Babypop/superexhausted is not responsible for the prizes. This was a sponsored post.