Olive Tempnade with Gold Emblem Rice Chips : I was recently asked to review CVS Gold Emblem Baked Rice Crisps. I paired the Rice Chips with my Olive Tempnade Recipe. I was attending a garden swap party and I thought the crowd would love the treat. I was right, the rice crackers and Olive Tempnade were a huge hit.
Here is how to make the Olive Tempnade
- 1 whole bulb garlic roasted
- 1 shallot
- 1 can 14 oz of black olives
- 1 jar 10oz of green olives
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
How to roast Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 – Cut the top off the garlic bulb off, place on tinfoil pour olive oils and sprinkle with salt,
- Wrap tin foil bake for 1 hour
- Remove garlic from oven allow to cool in tin foil
Tip: Roast garlic when baking some thin else I will do 2-4 bulbs at a time so I always have them Roasted garlic has a milder flavor when hot they are yummy on bread.
Assembling Olive Tempnade
- Blend 1/8 cup oil, Roasted Garlic, Shallots in blender blend till smooth
- Add Olives back and green Reserve a few for garnish
- Coarsely blend olives (not smooth)
- Garnish with olives
- Use Rice Chips to dip and enjoy
My review of Gold Emblem Rice Crisps
These are Rice Crisps are a gluten free chip. Made of rice they come in 2 flavors Sea Salt and Barbeque. I have to say the have been a big hit in my family. My son and daughter love them both. My son has really enjoyed them after school, for the kids to love a healthy snack is pleasing Also all the party guest, loved the cracker they asked where I got them from when I said from CVS they were impressed.
These Rice Crisps are a CVS product, The cost is $2,50 a bag. The Crisps 0grams of trans fast. 30 crisps are 140 calories and each bag contains 3.5 servings. The bag also has a resealable top, so great to enjoy over time. I can highly you recommends and suggest you pick up a bag when you are at CVS.
Disclosure: I did receive chips from CVS Gold Emblems Rice Crisps in exchange for this review. The opinions in this post are my own.