13 Great Ideas to get your kids eating veggies #See the Lite with LiteHouse Dressings: Recently I was invited to dinner with Litehouse Foods to learn about the befits of using a fresh Litehouse dressing in your menu plan. The dinner was held at ELA in Philly, It is hosted by a local dietitian Dr Janet Brill with live cooking demo’s and recipes using Litehouse Food products. I really enjoyed the evening, our discussion on health ideas for kids was my favorite part of the evening so I have to share:
13 Great Ideas to getting kids eating veggies:
- Have kids go to the store with you and identify the produce, let then touch and smell.
- While at the store tell the child to pick something (choose by color) to try when they get home-then cook with them
- Make food fun- great shapes use a cookie cutter or pairing knife to cut cool shapes – I like a cucumber cups, radish rose or carrots into a heart
- Kale chips turning veggies into a crunch snack
- Try fun size veggies lite the little pepper sweet, fingerling potatoes, or purple broccoli
- Have kids cook with you.
- Try roasting veggies it tends to soften strong flavor, or combined with a honey or maple flavors (works great with Brussels sprouts)
- Come up with fun clever names Broccoli are “Trees” you eat like a Dinosaur or Eat “Alien Brains (Brussels sprouts) or “Spears”of asparagus
- Lead by example if you eat veggies the children will too
- Institute a 3 bite rule 1- try, 1 bite to taste, 1 to decide (this is a stable in our home)
- Grow your own veggies and fruit- nothing is better then picking a grape or cherry tomato fresh of the vine
- Try offering a dip for your kids to dip in like fresh Litehouse ranch
- Teach them also that veggies can also create color like a beet, spinach, or a watermelon, or a potato stamp, corn art in the fall..Art projects with food the more they play with food the more likely they are to try them.
What are some of your tips to get the kids to eat Veggies?
It was a great evening. I loved learning about healthy eating and Litehouse Family owned bussiness. They Litehouse taught us tips and tricks like cutting down on your calorie intake by mixing Olive Oil with a salad Litehouse fresh dressing to use less dressing and also get the benefits of olive oil a good cholesterol in your diet. All great things to pass on to our children.
I love Litehouse the fresh dressing that needs to be refrigerated before and after opening , lets me know Litehouse is a great health dressing with less preservatives. If I am taking the time to cook with the freshest ingredients shouldn’t’ my dressing be as fresh as the other ingredients I am feeding my family?
Check out this Kale salad the Litehouse site has amazing fresh recipes for your entire family.
Thank you to Litehouse it was a fun evening Disclosure : I received dinner and gift-bag/gift card in exchange for this post.
To check out my post on cucumber cups :